Select which map pack you prefer
How to install? See
Custom Map Installation @ el-wiki.net
Like the 1.9.4 map packs, with extensively detailed marks for every location. If you don't know which to choose, get this one!
As seen in the Android client. There's indicators to all entrances, NPCs, and such, but text only appears on the most important places, not every single building. Recommended only if you want cleaner maps and you already know the maps well.
(Minimal refers to minimal text on the map, not file size or image size.)
1.9.5-02 Change Log
- Darkening of non-walkable areas for much-improved mapwalking in places such as Bethel, Ida desert, and SRM Mount Sorrow
- Added names for named areas on topside maps. ("Tirnwood Vale", "Nymorq Wood", etc.)
- Is the map Single or Multi-combat? An "S" or "M" next to the BurnedMaps logo will tell you! (subject to server update change, though that is rare)
- New circled "S" mark next to insides and such to indicate "secret" areas, thus no confusion as to why no entrance is shown to them. (may not have got them all)
- Improved coordinate lines
- Other minor various legibility tweaks
- Trassian insides map was missing alphebetical identification marks
- Drop points for the teleport spots in C2 portal room to the back of the portal area now marked
- Marked KF as 130 a/d limit
- AA Lothalith Fortress - Moved an incorrectly placed sulfur mark.
- AA small secret (above the original black dragon cave on cave3 map) - the one that exited to AA pk area was moved in 1.9.5, and now exits where it is entered.
- Ida insides - One house was missing its alphabetical marking (AB)
- Removed new character screen map. It's never possible to use it in the client.
1.9.5-01 Change Log
- All new locations, entrances/exits and changes to maps made for 1.9.5 included
- dream_temple map removed as it is no longer accessible in the game
- Fem Orc "Token Map" and its insides added
- Improved marking of PK "red" areas and other colored areas (school, fast regen, etc.)
- Improved text/font
- Renumbering/Relettering of marks for internal structures where necessary for new structures
The not-so-frequently FAQ
- What are these maps?
- These are unofficial tab maps for the game Eternal Lands.
- How do I use them?
- You install them. See EL-wiki.net's installation instructions.
- What are all the letters or numbers on the Full maps?
- On full maps, entrances to various buildings have a letter or number next to their dot or star. These indicate the building as it is shown on the applicable "insides" map. An A at a door on a primary map, for example, will be the door to the insides marked "A" on the insides map.
Go in a building marked with a letter, then when inside look at the tab map. You'll see you're in the building next to that letter.
- Should I use the minimal or full map package?
- If you have to ask, use the full maps. These are very extensively detailed. If you later find you don't need or want all that information, you can switch to the minimal pack.
- How do I know which maps I have installed, full or minimal?
- If you can't tell by the minimal text on the maps, check the BurnedMaps logo on any map. If it has the word "minimal" above Burned in BurnedMaps, then you have the minimal release. If it doesn't, you have the full version.
- I see an inside place on one of your maps, but it doesn't show how to get into it. Is this an error?
- No. As you probably know, EL has many secret places and paths. Those paths, and how to enter those places, are not provided on BurnedMaps. It's up to you to find the entrance.
The maps are thoroughly checked, but if you do stumble on a place where the entrance isn't marked that is definitely not secret, contact Burn.
But Note: if a place is shown on these maps, you can definitely access it. Somehow.
- Are there places we can go to not shown on BurnedMaps?
- As a regular player, no. My BurnedMaps cover every possible place you can go as a player as of the date of their release.
The other maps you may see elm files for in your client are not part of the game. They're maps for testing, or moderator usage, or simply just weren't finished or implemented.
- Why is there no markings on the guild maps?
- Guild maps are secrets, simply put. The very basic map was provided solely for mapwalking, but nothing else will be provided.
- Why won't these dds files open in Gimp (or possibly some other program)?
- I honestly have no clue. Due to the number of maps (and having to do multiple versions of each), I use a command-line script that batch converts my maps from their png origin into dds.
The script uses the "convert" program found with ImageMagick. Why Gimp can't read the resulting dds file made by ImageMagick, I'll never know.
Sorry, I can't fix this. It's nothing intentional.